TABLE OF CONTENTS
After clicking on the Workspace management button on the landing page you will be brought to the workspace management page. From here you can proceed to create collections and workspaces. You can learn more about collections here. In the UniApp, a workspace is the highest level of analysis organization from which you can collaborate with other users and perform analyses on the datasets that are assigned to the workspace. Workspaces can be dragged and dropped to be reorganized at your convenience.
1. Create a new workspace
To create a new workspace click on the Create new workspace button. This will take you to the Create new workspace page.
In the Create new workspace page, you can:
- set name of your workspace, which appears on the workspace tile.
- set a short description of your workspace (with a 150 character maximum), this description appears on the workspace tile.
- set a long description of your workspace.
- invite users to collaborate with you on the workspace by entering their email and clicking the Add member button.
- see the current members of the workspace and their permissions.
- browse the datasets assigned to this workspace by cliking the Open workspace dataset library button.
- assign a dataset from your user library to the workspace dataset library by clicking the Open user dataset library button.
- add a thumbnail to the the workspace tile.
- save all changes you have made by clicking the Save changes button.
Once you have created a workspace you will taken back to the Workspace management page. To organize your workspace you might consider placing them in collections.
2. Workspace user management and user privileges
There are following roles (privileges) in the workspace:
- Admin (Admin) - can edit and delete the workspace, invite members and remove members, set privileges for other members. The Admin has all the privileges of that Analysts and Assistants have. By default, you are the Admin for all workspaces that you have created.
- Analyst (editor) - can create and edit collections, projects, tracks and plots in the workspace. The Analyst can also assign datasets to the workspace dataset library. The Admin has all the privileges of that Assistants have.
- Assistant (view only) - can view all items in the workspace and view plots interactively but cannot create or edit any items.
3. Workspace dataset and analysis management
If you have the proper privileges, you can assign your datasets from the user dataset library to the workspace dataset library. User can perform analyses on all datasets assigned to the workspace dataset library.
Analyses performed inside of a workspace cannot be copied or shared to another workspace. This keeps all analyses performed within a workspace confidential.
4. Edit workspace page
If you are the admin of the workspace you can manage all details of the workspace just like in the Workspace creation page in addition to being able to delete the workspace.
Analysts can assign datasets to the workspace dataset library and view other details of the workspace. Assistants can only view the workspace details and dataset library.
5. Opening a workspace
Click on the Open button of the workspace you have just created. This will take you to the Project management page of the workspace where you can create projects and organize them within collections.